Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maui!

I don't even know where to begin...this trip was AMAZING!! Thank you so much Ben and Jamie, we loved every second of the vacation. I took thousands of pictures (not really, but close) thank you everyone for letting me drive you crazy with all the picture taking. You can see all of the other pictures in our slide show on the right side of the blog. :) Here are some pictures of some of the places we went. We went to so many fun, gorgeous, interesting, amazing and relaxing places while in Maui. Thank you Ben for the full days planned for us with some of our favorite memories together. This first picture is of all of us in Lahaina. For those of you who don't know, Lahaina is full of little stores to shop, restaurant's, and a gorgeous view of the ocean. It was so much fun to hang out there and to visit all of the little stores. In the middle of Lahaina there is a HUGE tree. I couldn't help to take a picture with all of us hanging out in it.This is taken on the balcony at the condo where we stayed. We couldn't have stayed at a better place. It was the perfect size for the four of us.....plus, look at the perfect view we had of the ocean. It was truly amazing to see the sun set behind the water. It was so relaxing to watch, not to mention how beautiful it was.Ben and Jamie knew of a cool place for us to snorkel. I do have to say at first I was a little worried about where they were taking us. (in the shade, climbing all over huge rocks, far away from where we started) but little did we know that they had the perfect spot picked out. The ocean is so amazing and beautiful. While we were snorkeling, my mask kept filling up with water, so Dan told me to follow him to a place where we could sit on some rocks while we adjusted. When we got over to "the spot" the waves were crashing in like crazy, and we were unable to just "sit there" to fix my mask. While the waves were trying to take us away, one hit Dan pretty good and when he grabbed a rock for balance his wedding ring came off. (first you have to know, Dan kept yelling and telling me over and over to make sure I take my wedding ring off before we go in the water so I don't lose it.) Dan let us all know that he had lost his ring, and both Dan and I basically said..oh well, we'll never find it in the OCEAN and especially with all the waves crashing in where he lost it. Ben thought otherwise and started looking. After each of us saying our silent prayers to find the ring, I finally went in the water to look for the ring also. Not even 5 min went buy and as I was looking in the lava rock I saw something huge and shiny, as I got closer I realized it was Dan's wedding ring. I couldn't believe it!! It was a miracle that we found it. I'm sorry that I was the one to find it Ben...I know how much you wanted to be the one to find it. :)Iao Valley. It was gorgeous there! Dan kept saying he was worried the theme song to "Jurassic Park" was going to start playing and then a TRex would come stomping over all the trees. haha. Needless to say, it was completly beautiful!I loved this view, the water was perfect too! I also love this picture....we put the camera on timer. :) (gotta love that) Maui is just so relaxing!!!Boogie boarding on Big Beach!!! This was a blast!!!! Daniel and Ben were able to enjoy the water first with the boards. It was fun watching the boys out there. I got a few good pictures of them. After Ben had his fun he let me enjoy the boogie board. I had so much fun. The waves kept rolling me up onto the shore. I got plenty of mouths full of salt water and sand. :)Ben had a cool place in mind for us to go see, so he pulled off the side of the road and we started walking.....this is what we found...a jungle!! Everyone was swinging from vines off of the trees. Ben had the great idea of playing a game of hide-n-go-seek, maybe next time we'll play! It was amazing there. It was so green and beautiful, and we were the only ones there! There were little lizzards everywhere too. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!This picture is taken on our first day at Dragon's Teeth. As you can see, there are lava rocks everywhere. We walked down the side of a golf course to get to this place. We took so many pictures at this place. I know I say this about every place...but it was so beautiful there. Daniel and Ben wondered off...so it was fun to just hang out with Jamie for awhile. She is so much fun to be around. Thank you Jamie for letting me come on your vacation. :) I loved getting to know you better. Also Thanks Ben for planning everything. I'm sorry none of us are good at making choices of what to do. haha. We loved going to Maui with you....I hope we can do it again someday. :)

2 comments:

Jess and Whitni said...

Oh my gosh Shandi, I'm so jealous! What a fun trip to go on, especially while its freezing here in Utah... to get away and relax in the sun! Those are some amazing pictures!!

All Dolled Up Designs said...

WOW that looks like so much fun! We went to Cancun on our honeymoon and it was sooo much fun! I can't wait to go somewhere nice like that again!