Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve and Day!!

I love Christmas! What a wonderful time to be with the family! On Christmas Eve, Day...all of my family went to Body World in Salt Lake. It was so fun and very interesting. I loved seeing all the muscles and the different bodies. After we went through the exhibit we all went out to eat at The Original Pancake House. The food there was so good! Since I wasn't allowed to take pictures while we walked through Body World, I had to take a bunch at lunch to make up for it. :)After we got back home my mom wanted to take a group photo. It was fun to have all of the family together. All seven kids, mom and dad, two spouses and Sara's boyfriend Chase taking the picture.

Later that night we went over to Dan's mom's house for Christmas Eve dinner together. It's a tradition we have done the past few years, and I love it. Thank you Janice! On Christmas morning Dan and I went to his dad's house to open presents. Did I mention we met up at 7:00 am? Okay, 7:00 really isn't that early...growing up we got up a few hours before that, but when you are married and have to go out into the snow and cold to drive somewhere to meet...that's when it seems so early. We had so much fun opening up gifts!! Dan and I got some great things from his parents, and from his sister Erin and her family. I can't forget, Janice made an amazing breakfast for us all, and Danny made some really good hot chocolate that was much needed.At 11:00 we were to meet up at my parents house to open gifts and to have lunch together. I love getting together with my family, I love the noise and I love the little fights between siblings. Ha. Thank you mom, dad, Skye and Maggie for the great gifts we got from each of you. We love them. My mom never got to do her family dinner around Thanksgiving so that's what we had for lunch on Christmas day and it was amazing! Thanks mom!After we hung out at my parents house it was time to venture out into the snow to head to grandparents houses. First we went to Sandy to see my mom's mom "Ma". She is hilarious. I always enjoy spending time with her. This was her first Christmas without my grandpa "Pa". We miss you and love you Pa. After we left Ma's place, we went to go visit Maggie's Grandma who also lives in Sandy. (Dan and I rode with Tosh and Maggie so we got to make an extra stop.) Her grandma is so sweet and it was great to spend time with her. Later we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Mackintosh's house in Salt Lake where all of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins were. I LOVE Mackintosh food!! It is so much fun to see all of the family. Dan and I were exhausted by the time we got home, but is was a great Christmas, and one we will never forget.

3 comments:

Jess and Whitni said...

Ohh it looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't believe how much your younger siblings have grown up!! Holy crap! And I love your hair dark, way way cute!! Dan did an awesome job! =)

Kurt and Jordan said...

that sounds so fun! We need to get together soon I miss your guts

All Dolled Up Designs said...

It looks like you had a fun Christmas! You have such a cute family!